First time post with m42 318is question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time post with m42 318is question

I have been searching for a few days now and cant find the answer im looking for. I just got my first e30 bmw, i am a diesel vw guy trying something new. Im going through and doing all the maintnece, now what im looking for is all the coolant lines and vaccum lines that go around the intake manifold, under the intake manifold, and all the lines coming from the intake tube, as well as that silver pump looking thing by the fire wall. All of these hose's are cracked and rotten and want all brand new one. I bought a bently and there are no part numbers so im still stuck. I can go to kelly bmw in columbus ohio thats the closest to me but i would like to be armed with some part numbers. So if anyone has any numbers or a diagram please help me out, thanks for the help.

realoem.com

E30's are in the archive sections. 5 min and you should be able to find everything you need.

Most people would probably recommend that you update that mess of hoses under the intake as they are pretty unnecessary. Join m42club.com and search mess under than intake.
    sigpic

Comment

Behold. Save yourself a ton of money and simplify your system.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

The m42 motor is covered in the e36 Bentley. I also use this site for part #'s http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E3.../april/browse/
        what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

Just do the mess under the intake delete it is all you need to do.
          sigpic

Comment

^ +1

Comment

Or you can avoid installing misc. hardware store doodads in your engine bay and replace the leaky hoses and fittings with nice new O.E. stuff that'll last for another 120k miles. It's really not that 'messy' under there once you understand what you're looking at.

I would recommend the throttle body heater delete though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                Or you can avoid installing misc. hardware store doodads in your engine bay and replace the leaky hoses and fittings with nice new O.E. stuff that'll last for another 120k miles. It's really not that 'messy' under there once you understand what you're looking at.

I would recommend the throttle body heater delete though.
                True. When you "clean up" the vacuum lines, you're really only deleting the "+" junction underneath. You're not really simplifying anything. The only downside of the OEM ones is that they're so expensive.

The TB heater though, you actually delete a bunch of hoses that aren't necessary.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                  True. When you "clean up" the vacuum lines, you're really only deleting the "+" junction underneath. You're not really simplifying anything. The only downside of the OEM ones is that they're so expensive.

The TB heater though, you actually delete a bunch of hoses that aren't necessary.
                  Not if you do what I did. When I had my head at the machine shop I had them weld up the connection on the head, and i sealed up the connection on the plastic thing with a bolt and some silicon.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X