Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jack point to lift motor up for new mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jack point to lift motor up for new mount.

looking to replace my motor mounts soon and wondering where is a good jack point to lift the motor up alittle for me to slide new mount in.

ironic

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Put a piece of wood, appropriate size of course,under your oil pan and jack it up from your oil pan.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        ironic
        thx for helping!
        Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
        Put a piece of wood, appropriate size of course,under your oil pan and jack it up from your oil pan.
        was thinking of that but was afraid of breaking bmw cheap oil pan.

Comment

No you will be fine. Just did it today no worries

Comment

There's a tab on the front right corner of the block that works good with a floor jack and chunk of 2x4.

Comment

Wood+Jack=Piece of Cake.

For some reason I thought this was going to be a job but the whole procedure is really simple. Hardest part is getting the engine to release down onto the mounts properly and it aint hard, go slow.

Oh actually the top driverside nut is a PITA if I remember. Charcoal canister and other shit gets in the way.
              Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
                Wood+Jack=Piece of Cake.

For some reason I thought this was going to be a job but the whole procedure is really simple. Hardest part is getting the engine to release down onto the mounts properly and it aint hard, go slow.

Oh actually the top driverside nut is a PITA if I remember. Charcoal canister and other shit gets in the way.
                driver side wasn't that bad with a extension and swivel.:D

Comment

Working...
                X