idle/Gas milage Problems, NEED HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle/Gas milage Problems, NEED HELP!!

Hi R3v, i bought an 318ic 3 months ago, have put a decent amount of money into it, but cant figure out what makes the gas milage so bad and why my idle is above 1 thousand?

I did a full tune up to it, and changed the idle control valve, and the two air hoses that connect to it, but still idles above 1,000- 1,1000:(? I get, on a good week 160-180 miles full tank, when i know im suppose to be getting about 260-300. I keep on putting money into buying parts and changing them, but doesn't seem to do it justice:(, If anyone knows what these problems are caused from, please let me know. Thank you, much appreciated.

Yes i am a noob to all of this -___-- :D

Fuck that sucks you have a.huge vac leak somewhere, also are you running at operating temp
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
      Fuck that sucks you have a.huge vac leak somewhere, also are you running at operating temp
      -_____--- fuck exactly, that sounds costly, do u know by any chance what exactly I have to change so I don't wasting money by guessing, and my temp is a little before the middle, sometimes when it's cold outside a little more than that, if this helps I changed a fuel leak it had, where a lot of gas would leak while the car would be parked but that still didn't help the Mileage.

Comment

Bmmer Simon s has a really good mess under the intake article in this subforum. You can also look up m42club.com mess under intake.
        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
          Bmmer Simon s has a really good mess under the intake article in this subforum. You can also look up m42club.com mess under intake.
          Thank you, much appreciated.

Comment

No sweat bro ... Are you in Seattle? If so I might be able to give you a hand

Edit: Now that I am on a computer and not my phone I see you are in Cali - OP good luck with everything!
            Last edited by Gerta; 04-11-2012, 03:13 PM.
            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
              No sweat bro ... Are you in Seattle? If so I might be able to give you a hand

Edit: Now that I am on a computer and not my phone I see you are in Cali - OP good luck with everything!

That would have been great brotha, thank you though, much appreciated, but if by any chance you would happen to hear about another member or someone that comes across this problem, and knows what part to change or fix please let me know, but for now i gotta ask my mechanic to figure it out, thank you guys for all your helps i really do appreciate it, brings me one step closer to fixing it, have a good weekend, cheers.

Comment

my guess on the leak would be in the intake most likely lower unless it was something less complex like a cracked hose. it could also be the your vac leak is from your injecters not seating properly or shot orings. the possibilites are pretty much centered in the intake so if your up for the take spend about 60 bucks at most for all the gaskets and an afternoon and have a leak free m42
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                  my guess on the leak would be in the intake most likely lower unless it was something less complex like a cracked hose. it could also be the your vac leak is from your injecters not seating properly or shot orings. the possibilites are pretty much centered in the intake so if your up for the take spend about 60 bucks at most for all the gaskets and an afternoon and have a leak free m42
                  Ok thank you for the info, and my bad on the late reply, im going to take a look into it, but for now im replace all my air hoses, see what happens, and then most probably take up your idea, and see what happens thanks for the help everyone much appreciated.

Comment

While you are in there, might not hurt to check this:
                    http://m42club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7757 (Post #6 has the diagram in it)

Mine was plugged in at one point, and after I unplugged the wire, the car idle was rock solid and I noticed an improvement in my gas mileage.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Working...
                    X