Car cranks but won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car cranks but won't start

Hey guys im pretty new here. I have 3 91 E30s and I will post some pictures when I get a chance, but right now im asking for your help.

Im fairly new to working on BMWs so any tips are well appreciated.

I have a 91 318 4 door that I bought from my uncle who had it sitting in his yard for about 6 years. Anyways, my first problem is that there was no power going to the fuel pump so I took it upon myself to temporarily run power to the fuel pump to see if it would run. Needless to say it did not. What is going on here? Should I check for injector pulse? If so, how? Are the injectors not working because of some signal problem thats also causing me not to have power to the fuel pump?

I really just need someone to point me in the right direction here.

Your help is much appreciated,

Thanks

Check ground cps sensor

[/B]
    Originally posted by BimBimmer View Post
    Hey guys im pretty new here. I have 3 91 E30s and I will post some pictures when I get a chance, but right now im asking for your help.

Im fairly new to working on BMWs so any tips are well appreciated.

I have a 91 318 4 door that I bought from my uncle who had it sitting in his yard for about 6 years. Anyways, my first problem is that there was no power going to the fuel pump so I took it upon myself to temporarily run power to the fuel pump to see if it would run. Needless to say it did not. What is going on here? Should I check for injector pulse? If so, how? Are the injectors not working because of some signal problem thats also causing me not to have power to the fuel pump?

I really just need someone to point me in the right direction here.

Your help is much appreciated,

Thanks
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

We took a crank sensor out of a running car. Are you telling me to check to make sure the sensor wire is grounded?

Comment

Check all the engine grounds
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

If the engine is cranking, it is well grounded.

So you ran power directly to the pump and it did not turn on? If so, your fuel pump is bad. How did you check for power at the pump? It will only receive power if the engine is turning (I.E. - Cranking or running).

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
            If the engine is cranking, it is well grounded.

So you ran power directly to the pump and it did not turn on? If so, your fuel pump is bad. How did you check for power at the pump? It will only receive power if the engine is turning (I.E. - Cranking or running).
            The whole pump and assembly is brand new that we bought for another car but decided to switch it over to this one. The pump works fine with power ran directly to it. I checked for power by having someone crank the engine while I held a tester to the green/purple wire at the pump. At this point there's no power at the pump and no injector pulse.

Comment

Working...
            X