Another No Heat Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another No Heat Thread

Alright I purchased this car a couple months ago and have done a lot of researching and learning about the M42. When I bought it, it had no heat and the temp gauge only moved on startup but never after (but the speedo, obo, fuel economy gauge, or the SI board didn't work either so I thought it was the cluster). It had a cracked radiator which I replaced. I also did the mess under the intake and removed the bypass' for the hoses going into the heater core. I replaced both temp sensors while I was in there and while I was at it replaced the thermostat (made sure it was point the correct way when installed). I went to work and flushed the whole system and filled it with BMW coolant since it had green in before (of course). While I did the flush the heat worked amazingly. Afterwards still worked but the car was hot inside so I turned it off. Next day heat doesn't work (only blows cold air). And the temp gauge still moves when I start the car (all the way to hot then back to cold) but doesn't move after that. Everytime I bleed the system I'll get heat until I go for a drive and shortly after it gets colder. Then next day the air will be cold again. I have bled it numerous time on an incline and the coolant level is on spot. Anyone know what my problem is?

Stumps me unless you are impossibly low on coolant or have a blockage/pesky air pocket. Blower motor is actually turning and the recirculate button is actuating the flap when you press it?

Comment

Yeah I'm stumped too, from everything I researched no one had the same problems as me. Blower motor works flawlessly, and the button I haven't checked yet. When I turn the knob from cold to hot I can hear it change and both hoses going and coming from the heater core are hot.

Comment

Had another thought, maybe your hoses to the heater core are reversed, although I don't think that would cause much of an issue it just might be enough?

Comment

I made sure they weren't reversed when I did the lines.

Comment

Working...
          X