No announcement yet.

No idles r3v. I need help *video*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not rich now. That was before I did the timing. Car runs perfect other than the issue. Just like in the video my idle is perfect which is nice until it warms up. Maybe when it comes out of closed loop mode and something is happening with the fuel/air mix. I have an extra DME but I was saving that for last after I've tried everything else
    DENY IGNORANCE!
    Schwarz 325-totaled
    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
    don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Replaced fuel pump and the car starts fine now pretty much 95% of the time now but still wont idle below 1K. I think once I replace the fuel pressure regulator it should be fine.
      DENY IGNORANCE!
      Schwarz 325-totaled
      brilliantrot 318i-daily

don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Seems like the year of the fuel pressure issues for the M42. Glad you (probably) solved it!

Comment

Try open the throttle body butterfly gap a bit using the adjusting screw then re-adjust the tps. I know you got a m42, but my eta won't idle because the butterfly is completely close and the icv can not compensate enough air. This works for me. good luck.
          sigpic
          327is
          325es
          325es
          318is
          Fiesta ST
          E46 M3

Comment

I know you don't like to hear this (like I do) but its sounds like an intake vacuum leak especially about the idle at 975 & not at 850. This means they're tiny vacuum leaks. Small cracks we can't see. We have very similar issues. Like you, I thought I fixed everything already, but when its a pretty hot day, the problem resurfaces.

Comment

/\/\/\ I'm pretty sure it's a fuel issue. And the problem isn't dependent on the weather. The start problem is there hot or cold and if I run the fuel pump to prime the system by jumping the relay it starts fine.

Interestingly enough. The hard start problem is back. Its starts fine when I leave work at 2pm but any other time,(overnight) it starts on the second attempt. Ill check the injectors for leaks today. I hope that's it but at the same time I don't. Im not looking forward to Finding some Injectors and making sure they work and are cleaned/tested.

***edit***
              Checked the injectors and there's no leaking when pressurized.
              Last edited by kwill22; 04-10-2013, 01:38 PM.
              DENY IGNORANCE!
              Schwarz 325-totaled
              brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
                Try open the throttle body butterfly gap a bit using the adjusting screw then re-adjust the tps. I know you got a m42, but my eta won't idle because the butterfly is completely close and the icv can not compensate enough air. This works for me. good luck.

Yea That's how I have it set now until i figure this out, except I didn't mess with the screw; I just turned the throttle cable adjuster so that it holds the throttle at 1K
                DENY IGNORANCE!
                Schwarz 325-totaled
                brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  If it's too rich I would suspect an ignition issue, check both the coils and wires, cross your fingers on the DME (or just replace it). Sounds like you have a fun one!
                  Now I'm starting to think its an ignition issue. I dont think The pressure isn't bleeding off that much anymore (checking tomorrow with a pressure gauge) and I'm thinking that if it was a fuel pressure issue then it should eventually start if I keep it cranking on the first try correct?

Testing my coils today but really hope that isn't it. I have and extra DME so if coils check out ill swap it just to see. Can hurt I guess.

Stepping out open a limb here but could a failing alternator cause this problem? I know it's not too far from needing replacement
                  Last edited by kwill22; 04-12-2013, 05:32 AM.
                  DENY IGNORANCE!
                  Schwarz 325-totaled
                  brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

EDIT *I goofed*
                    Last edited by kwill22; 04-12-2013, 05:36 PM.
                    DENY IGNORANCE!
                    Schwarz 325-totaled
                    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Working...
                    X