check engine;1271

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check engine;1271

I keep getting a check engine light, usually hopping on the freeway, higher RPM's (3500-4500, usually when it's at a steady RPM)
    I did the stomp test got 1271, Ignition Coil #1, I replaced the plugs, wireset (brand new), and tonight I replaced the coil pack with a used set off a running good 318. Still get the light.

I failed smog due to high HC and CO @15mph. Car runs great, no hesitations or cut outs at any RPM.
    What else should I start checking?

CAR:
    91 318
    Mark D chip (It's been installed for 250-300 miles before the light started showing up)
    sigpic
    M42:hitler:

Search, failed emissions, in the M42 section, lots to read, could be many, many things.

Or something basic and cheap.

If you didnt reset codes after replacing parts, you are seeing the same code.

Comment

I haven't reset codes yet. I failed before and after chip install. Since second time failing I've replaced wires and now coils.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic

Comment

Okay so I reset the DME.
        I unpluged battery for 30 minutes, plugged back in, did the stomp test before starting it, 1444;no code.
        After I got off work, started her up and noticed it drove a lot smoother throughout all RPM's mostly lower RPM's, the check engine light flashed once but since hasn't came back on yet (I only drove 3 miles back home)
        sigpic

Comment

Okay smogged it, ran crc gtp , only drove a few miles but at higher rpms. Passed. No levels went down 1200 points and hc went down about 250 to pass California's strict smog crap. But the check engine light still now pops back up at steady higher rpms. What else should I check??

sigpic

Comment

Need to look at your fuel pressure, Pump may not be keeping up at speed, or your FPR may be fading away.

Or fuel filter may be plugged, also could be the screen on the fuel pump, crud in the tank.

CK the color of your spark plugs, right after some time at highway speed, Bone white, running lean, Any one of the above may contribute .

Comment

I just saw a puddle of gas this morning, looks likes on first start up it has a leak one of the rubber to metal tubes going what looks like the fuel rail is spiting out fuel, not a lot just some drops. I ordered injector orings and the intake manifold gaskets guess I'll remove it when they come in and replace the mess under the intake as well as the orings and look around. The hoses on the metal tubes aren't cracked and dont look very bad what would cause a leak from this area?

Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

After first start and run for a mile I checked all day and not a drop.

sigpic

Comment

Just under the manifold where you cant see, there are 2 more small hoses in the fuel line. they attach directly to the fuel rail, they may be the small leak.

While you have the manifold off relace anything rubber you come across, mess under the intake.

Comment

Removed TB, in did clamp and pushed metal tube more into the hose and clamped, no more leak! Hopefully parts come in soon , I was planning on replacing all those damn hoses.

sigpic

Comment

The check engine light still shows up, not acting like a misfire, no power loss whatsoever. I wait til it shows and hit the gas and it still takes off great. Is there a relay or fuse that controls something to do with the coils? Where's the inline fuse to the DME?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X