Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another M42 issue, please halp!

So heres the deal.

If i start my car in the morning after it has been sitting for about 10 hours it starts fine and idles fine and drives fine. No problem whatsoever, starts right up.

Now say I were to start up in the morning and drive to work or even down the street and turn the car off and go in the store and turn it back on I have the following issue. I actually have the following issue almost every time except when I start it in the morning.

I will start it up and it will idle as if there is no gas and will die after sputtering for about 10 seconds. The only way to keep it from dying is to floor it and even then it acts as if it is out of gas where it sputters and then finally kicks in and im off. I only need to drive for like 30 feet and then it is fine idling. no problems. I can drive it for 5 minutes turn it off and turn it back on 1 minute later and the same start up idling thing will happen. The only way to combat it is flooring it waiting for it to kick in and then its fine.

I have replaced

coolant temp sensor
    vacuum lines
    ICV (from donor car)
    spark plugs
    probably some other things I cant think of

The car drives great and pulls hard, my only thought is that maybe it could be the catalytic converter? Just wanted your opinions before I drop cash on that.
    sigpic
    TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
    FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Check your harmonic balancer
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Unless the cat is clogged it has nothing to do with the M42s engine management. I submit that you have a faulty/worn TPS or AFM.

Comment

Working...
      X