Car won't start. Kinda Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't start. Kinda Confused

Ok so one day i'm driving to work and I turn a corner and try to accelerate by I wasn't able to accelerate. My car was still running I just couldn't accelerate, so I turned it off. When I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't start. It's still trying to turn over and start and is making noise but it just won't start. Thought it was something to do with the fuel so I changed the fuel filter and fuel pump but still nothing. I also changed the camshaft/crankshaft sensor thinking that might've been the problem.

I was having troubles with my battery beforehand where my battery would die after a couple of days of not being started. I would be able to drive it without it dying if I drove it every day because my alternator would charge it back up but if I let it sit for too long it would just die so I have a battery drain problem somewhere. How can I test to see what is draining my battery? I'm pretty sure my car isn't starting because of this reason because my battery voltage before I try to start the car is over 12 and when I try to start it my battery drops down to 8. Oh ya and I have a new alternator from last summer so I don't think it's the alternator. Would a battery drain be causing this type of problem? If anyone knows or has some idea as to what the problem could be it would be much appreciated. Thanks

How old is the battery? It would be a great time to check the grounds from the alternator to engine block and engine block to PS engine mount.

I don't mean to send this off track, but that driving and then all the sudden not being able to accelerate thing happened to me when I had overly worn alternator brushes.

Comment

I have my original battery and I have a new battery. Both don't work when I try to start the car. I'll check all the ground wires and the alternator brushes.

Comment

Another helpful test when I was troubleshooting was to test if I had 12v from the battery to the engine bay terminal/splitter.

Comment

Working...
        X