hose sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hose sizing

hopefully tackling the mess under the intake soon. just making sure i've got my hose sizes right.

19/32 or 15mm, for the vacuum lines; valve cover to throttle body and ICV(?) to intake boot.

heater hose from block pipe to head. am i best to order an oem hose for this and cut it or is there a size of hose that will work on both ends? i know that the 2 ports are differant sizes.

I thought I remembered using 5/8" vac lines for deletion. Whatever you use take in to account that the inlet & outlet on the ICV are larger than those on the TB, VC & intake boot. So find the very best compromise and use it, hose clamps may be required.

As for the hose you need for the water pipe to head, I found the best way to get the right part was to take in two cut ends (for size reference as the water pipe end is much larger), mock them up in the needed length and rotation with tape or whatever as needed, and ask your local auto parts person to locate a hose in inventory that works for the application with a cut at one end or the other.

Comment

Dont forget to get that tiny vacuum line for the FPR...

Comment

Originally posted by duleymane///iS View Post
        Dont forget to get that tiny vacuum line for the FPR...
        A little bit of silicone hose is perfect for this. If you have some Subaru driving friends with an extra EJ series engine they will have the perfect FPR hose for you.

Comment

Glad the PO did the mess on mine and did a good job doing it.
          91 318is M50 swapped
          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
          X