Rough idle, dies off throttle when cold, video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough idle, dies off throttle when cold, video

Been trying to track this down for a while.

Replaced the TPS and AFM (tried a few), tried a different ICV (or two).
    Tried a different coolant temp sensor, but car ran really bad with it, so the one in the car is probably good.
    All vacuum hoses are new and no leaks from what I can tell (did a ghetto smoke test using one of those penis pump contraptions and a cigar.)
    Cleaned the injectors today under power, using break cleaner and air, no effect.

Any ideas?

It sounds like a vac leak. Did you double check the intake manifold and the TB nuts? Did you replace the intake boot, if so did you make sure the plugs were all there? When you had the intake off did you make sure the TB valves were seated and not partially open?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      It sounds like a vac leak. Did you double check the intake manifold and the TB nuts? Did you replace the intake boot, if so did you make sure the plugs were all there? When you had the intake off did you make sure the TB valves were seated and not partially open?
      I think I'll do a proper smoke test. That should rule out a vacuum leak.

I had the intake manifold and TB off when I was cleaning the injectors. Tightened all the bolts and whatnot. I did not check the TB valves. I guess I can do that by just taking the boot off. Thanks.

The intake boot is new, I'm 99% sure it has a plug, but I will check again.

This is the last gremlin in the car, really want to track it down.

Comment

Looks like vacuum leak.

Comment

Working...
        X