Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loss of power, varies depending on op temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of power, varies depending on op temp.

1992 318is

When cold, If I rev the car (driving or neutral) to about 3-3.5k usually it shutters and will not increase, not even like a miss on 1 cylinder, its multiple because she basically dies. If I granny shift, sometimes when I am at op temp, the car can pull to 4.5k-5k pretty decently, but then will have a slight miss above that.

Coils are all ohm'ing at about 1.2 ohms. All ignition components are n/a on age, but visual inspection yields no concerns. I am just confused on why the shutter would happen later in the rpm band and not as bad when its warmed up?

Someone recommended checking the afm, since I did have a code for one (might be an old code, not sure how to delete codes). The carbon track did not look too bad, but with the age 2 of the 3 bolts broke off holding the carbon track. So eithor way, I would have to start drilling and whatnot to really relocate the track ever so slightly.

I am wondering if its an issue with an open loop sensor, since the pcm would use these parameters during warm up. Any Ideas?

So this is how it reacts.. The thing that I don't get is if it was an ignition miss, why would the time it misses change depending on operating temp?

Comment

Here's the vid. Copy n paste it

Comment

My guess would have been afm as well. Of course check for vacuum leaks.

Also maybe a fuel issue. Pump perhaps but that is less likely than afm or vac leaks.

-NICK

Comment

Working...
        X