M42 doesn't hold idle with A/C *video*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 doesn't hold idle with A/C *video*

Ever since I owned this car for about a year now, my A/C has always died whenever I rev it up from idle and let it drop down. This has been since day 1 of owning the car. Since then, Ive replaced the following:
    ECU
    New TPS
    New ICV
    All the gaskets on the intake
    New Intake boot
    New hoses everywhere + mess under the intake is done
    Every possible source of vacuum leakage is new
    New Mustang Injectors
    New Fuel Filter
    Replaced AFM with one from a car I know idled great with A/C on

and the car still acts the same with the A/C on. Here's a video:

Pretty much given up. Car holds idle relatively well and strong without the A/C.

Any ideas? Does the M42 have a A/C idle bump?
    How freely does the A/C clutch move with the engine off? Mine is EXTREMELY hard to move. I heard they're suppose to spin fairly freely ?
    Last edited by lolcantturn; 07-24-2013, 05:26 AM.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Mine does jump up to 1k rpm with A/C on. The compressor should turn fairly free. Get yourself a can of compressor oil and see if that helps it spin more freely.

M42 turbo build.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=301330

Comment

Sounds like your compressor bearings are trash causing excessive drag on the motor

-NICK

Comment

Is there any way I can change out compressors without losing all of my precious freon?
        Originally posted by TSI
        ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
        OEM+

Comment

Wow, not meaning to derail thread... I am having bizzaro reverse symptoms.
          I just came from test drive and get this:

With ac off, the idle is like 700 and on verge of dying (flashing check engine light).
          With ac on, it idles at like 1500 rpm

Whaaat?

Makes absolutely no sense to m.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
            Is there any way I can change out compressors without losing all of my precious freon?
            Not that I am aware of. If you're still on r12 it's around $15 a can where I live. Sweet talk a mechanic to buy it/install it for you. ;)

M42 turbo build.
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=301330

Comment

I'd say cam sensor. Stomp test to see if it flashes it for you. Mine would idle fine until I turned the ac on then it would stall if I didn't keep it reved up. No engine lights or anything. Randomly did the stomp test one day and it gave me a code for the cam sensor. Replaced it and fixed the problem.

It also tested within spec with a multi meter which is why I though that's the last thing it could be.
              DENY IGNORANCE!
              Schwarz 325-totaled
              brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
              don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Working...
              X