1215 After O2 Sensor Replacement - Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1215 After O2 Sensor Replacement - Solved

I know the code indicates AFM issues, even though it is often a vac leak, but I am asking for insight on O2 sensor/1215 interactions

Replaced the sensor last night with a Denso 4 wire, double checked connections this AM, all apparently fine. Began coding at anything above very light throttle, initially stopped coding after total throttle let off, then began to leave the CEL on solid after ~15 minutes.

Car is running, idling, and coming off/going down to idle just fine with no stutter. When I get an opportunity I will check for vac leaks and all of the standard 1215 issues.

Thoughts?

Might want to clear the ECM adaptaions by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so.

Comment

Had the battery unhooked for a few hours, 1215 went away, only to be replaced with 1222 and poor idle (at least when warm, as the car was fine after batt disconnect until it got to ~1/4 on the temp gauge). So, I think the first step here is to triple check the O2 sensor splices.

Comment

Bad idle after warmup may be temp. sensor that feeds ECM

Comment

The oxygen sensor turned out to be defective, hopefully a new one should solve the problem.
          Last edited by roguetoaster; 11-13-2013, 09:31 PM. Reason: Clarifying for future readers.

Comment

Working...
          X