318i vaccum leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318i vaccum leak?

Just finished the mess under the intake on my 318i and changed injectors . Fired it up for the first time, idled like it wanted to die then revved up like a raped ape and stayed there. Vaccum leak? Now, fires up right away but revs up to near redline right away. What are the possibilities before instart tearing jt apart again.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

check the gasket between the throttle body and the intake. Dunno if it's possible but I've heard of air getting in there.

--sent from my igloo via carrier penguin
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Recheck your connections under the throttle body plates. Make sure there aren't any leaks and that they're routed the right way
      DENY IGNORANCE!
      Schwarz 325-totaled
      brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
      don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Just did all the hoses/lines under the intake mani. myself... It's a real bitch getting the hoses hooked up back to the bottom of the mani before you slide it on the studs... My huge hands didn't help at all either...

Did you change the intake manifold gasket? Sounds like air is getting in somewhere and bad...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
          Just did all the hoses/lines under the intake mani. myself... It's a real bitch getting the hoses hooked up back to the bottom of the mani before you slide it on the studs... My huge hands didn't help at all either...

Did you change the intake manifold gasket? Sounds like air is getting in somewhere and bad...
          Fixed :) took everything back apart abd this time, put a little grease on the injectors to seat them well. Everything went back on as needed and car runs like a champ now. Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X