Revs dropping too much of throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revs dropping too much of throttle

when i let off the throttle the revs drop back dwon towards idle but fall two low to about 500 RPM which causes the whole car to shudder and almost die before it comes back up to around 800? is this a fuel or spark issue? Vaccum Leaks? car runs fine through the rev range but jerks violently when throttle is released to coast in gear.

Have you tried adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body? your throttle cable may have gotten some slack or the idle screw went out of whack.

Comment

just tried to adjust the screw with a flathead screwdriver. it sheared off the top so i guess im not touching that. my throttle cable does have about 1/4 of play before it starts to move the butterfly. how can i tension that?

Comment

There is a plastic adjusting mechanisim that goes through plate #4 in the diagram. Loosen the lock nut and twist the adjuster to lengthen or shorten the cable.

Be sure to check that the throttle stop (the thing you broke, which you can adjust by first loosening the nut below the part you broke) has the rotating part of the TB assy just touching it at no throttle input.

If you still have idle issues then you may have a vacuum leak somewhere, or a problem with the ICV.

Comment

Working...
        X