Cabin Vibration & weird throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabin Vibration & weird throttle

The Cabin Vibrates like it has solid mounts on cold start but is fixed by some throttle to increase the revs to about 850 900 issh. I think it idles kind of low but i think its due to the gas pedal. Also it seems like the throttle sticks a little as sometimes i have to pull on the gas pedal to lower the idle. Im thinking my throttle cable needs some adjustment. Also i noticed what seems to be an attempt at fixing some sort of issue on the cable near this possible adjusting nut thing. Its taped(previous owner)

Adjust your cable (check TB valve seating and WOT operation), be sure your brackets for the cable bar in the cabin aren't bent. Check your trans mounts too, just pry on them with a screwdriver or pry bar.

Comment

Speaking of transmission mounts, if it let the clutch out too quick I hear a sort of knocking in the rear and it feels like the drive train shifts. Worn diff mounts? and tranny mounts? Also when its in first the mid 4000 rpm range the throttle response is amazing but if I just step on Iit and let off it feels like a heavy weight shift. The cars lowered so it its not really a divebomb effect, more like the drivetrain is loose. Motor mounts?

Comment

Sounds like it could be a diff mount, or a center bearing depending on the type of knocking noise. While there inspect your axles, make sure your lugs are tight and jounce your suspension a few times to see if you have a bad shock.

You can check the center bearing visually by peering in from the very back of the trans, just in the gap in front of the heat shields without removing any parts. Might be helpful to jack up the rear (chock the wheels) so you can have a friend spin the wheels or run the engine and use that if you feel adventurous. You can of course jack up the rear wheels, operate the engine in gear and check the rotating parts. If you do, just be careful and sensible.

Comment

my exhaust seems pretty loose i can grab the tip and shake it around and i hear a clunk and has a nice leak near the cat (time for straightpipe?) maybe thats the clunk. i dont think the transmission has issues, it feels pretty good, and the clutch aswell, no throw out bearing squeak or anything shifts very very smooth and effortlessly. but maybe the motor mounts need replacing? 330km on the car. do the rear subframes tear out on these cars like the e36 and e46?
          The car drives amazingly smooth, im lowered on eibach springs and stagg shocks, no noises in the suspension and soaks up bumps like stock. goes sideways like a charm too.

thanks.

Comment

I've not heard of subframe issues like the E46.

Just check all that you can inspect and I am sure you will find the cause.

Comment

Working...
            X