M42 ICV install. Anyone done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 ICV install. Anyone done this?

Did the forum search and nothing. It looks straight forward enough but, it looks like a PITA.

I have a new valve and the two connecting hoses.

Any experience would be helpful.

Thanks

If your hands are small it should be NBD even if you have not done the mess delete.

Simply unplug the connector, remove the far right hand 11 mm nut on the intake manifold, and pull the ICV off as the hoses should not be clamped on.

To replace just position the ICV close to its final position, connect the hose under the manifold or to the intake boot if you deleted the mess, connect the 90 degree hose, put the bracket back on the stud and tighten.

None of that applies to the E36 style intake system.

Comment

THANKS! Did not want to break something. There is a "clip" holding the connector in place. Is that something that slides out of place with that screw driver?

Comment

Hi Gary! I'm trying to remember from when I did my mess under the intake delete, but I believe you might need to loosen the upper intake manifold nuts in the back to pry that clip out. There should be 2, or maybe 3. I ended up rerouting mine, so it's much easier to access now.
        fried chicken

Comment

^^^ Thanks. Thinking I should come over and you could help me!

Comment

Working...
          X