clutch pedal has no resistance/feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i went to start my car today and i noticed the clutch has no pressure when i step on it.

This is a new issue as the last time i drove it, there no was no signs of this problem. The clutch still engages but only at the VERY bottom. I havent tried to drive it since i didnt wanna get stuck, but it does engage.

I have no idea what the issue could be since, like I said, there were no signs of this a couple days ago.

1985 528e
    1991 325ix

1992 318i Convertible

"this question is kind of like asking: would you rather be ass raped by a gorrilla with lube on his dick or butt pounded by a prison inmate with size 14 shoes and no lube....?"

Did you check for signs of master and slave cylinder leaks? Look for brake fluid on the ground (clutch uses brake fluid from the same reservoir on the brake booster) and under the clutch pedal. Did you check the fluid level? Top that off then bleed the system.

Comment

my brake fluid is low and i did see some leaking when the car was started up. will topping it up fix le problem?

pls say yes. i so poor. dont need another repair

1985 528e
      1991 325ix

1992 318i Convertible

"this question is kind of like asking: would you rather be ass raped by a gorrilla with lube on his dick or butt pounded by a prison inmate with size 14 shoes and no lube....?"

Comment

It will work until it leaks out again. If the fluid was low enough to expose the piston in the master cylinder to air then you now have air in the line and need to bleed the system. If the leak was bad enough at the slave cylinder to suck air in then you need a new one.

Comment

ok sounds good thanks!

1985 528e
          1991 325ix

1992 318i Convertible

Comment

just refilled the brake fluid and it didnt seem to fix anything. now i cant even shift into a gear.

1985 528e
            1991 325ix

1992 318i Convertible

Comment

Where was the leak? if it was under the slave then the master is likely on its way out too!
              Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

If there is air in the line (probably) then the clutch won't work well or at all. You can try bleeding the system but if either master or slave is bad the clutch won't work well or at all, wasting the time you took bleeding the system. Find the leak, replace the part, then bleed the system.

Comment

Working...
                X