Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] M42 can't rev at WOT only

Hello,

My 1990 318is can't rev if I go WOT (wide open throttle), it feels kind of choked and the revs won't climb up.
    It happens at any rpm if I press the pedal to the metal, but at 1/2 or 3/4 throttle, it revs freely to redline.

I have changed fuel pump, fuel filter, cleaned the injectors, replaced O2 sensor but to no avail.
    I still did not check for vaccum leaks though.
    Occasionally at startup when the car is cold, it sputters and want to die unless I rev it a little for few seconds.

I searched for hours but nobody seems to have this problem only at WOT.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by kenshin86; 03-26-2020, 04:31 AM.

Vacuum leaks to start, followed by a TPS diagnostic, and an inspection of the AFM.

So, visually check the intake side plumbing, use your multimeter on the TPS/AFM, and if need be pop the top on the AFM to inspect the track/arm (but don't move them).

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Vacuum leaks to start, followed by a TPS diagnostic, and an inspection of the AFM.

So, visually check the intake side plumbing, use your multimeter on the TPS/AFM, and if need be pop the top on the AFM to inspect the track/arm (but don't move them).
      Sorry to bump this thread from the dead, but I would like to report that my problem was solved by fixing all the vacuum leaks (mess under the intake).
      Car pulls strong now with no hesitation.
      Thank you roguetoaster for your feedback.

Comment

Yw.

Comment

Working...
        X