M42 corteco engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 corteco engine mounts

Anyone know if the Corteco engine mounts are infused with gel, like the BMW OE mounts are. According to the internet, Corteco is an OEM supplier to European car manufacturers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fresh_TD; 04-08-2019, 02:24 PM.
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Someone just told me that Corteco, is the primary supplier of motor mounts for BMW. The "Corteco" branded engine mounts, are half the price compared to "BMW" branded mounts.

Last edited by fresh_TD; 04-08-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
      Someone just told me that Corteco, is the primary supplier of motor mounts for BMW. The "Corteco" branded engine mounts, are half the price compared to "BMW" branded mounts.

I highly recommend E36 M3 motor mounts for the M42. I have had a set in mine for a few years now and they are stiffer than Oem but not as stiff and vibration prone as 80a Polly. Grind down the nipple and it’s a direct fit. You’ll thank me later. If you go this route by 95 M3 mounts. One of the best mods not spoken of for m42’s . I bought the febi brand for a fraction of Bmw mounts.

Drive Tastefully!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
        I highly recommend E36 M3 motor mounts for the M42. I have had a set in mine for a few years now and they are stiffer than Oem but not as stiff and vibration prone as 80a Polly. Grind down the nipple and it’s a direct fit. You’ll thank me later. If you go this route by 95 M3 mounts. One of the best mods not spoken of for m42’s . I bought the febi brand for a fraction of Bmw mounts.

Drive Tastefully!
        These Cortecos are $38 ea. I crossed referenced part numbers and they're actually for e36 M42/M44 engines but can be used for the e30 M42. Is there increased NVH with the mounts you are using?

Comment

These Cortecos are $38 ea. I crossed referenced part numbers and they're actually for e36 M42/M44 engines but can be used for the e30 M42. Is there increased NVH with the mounts you are using?

Absolutely none.... M3 mounts are just more stout because of the heavier and more powerful motor.... I see no downsides to them. It’s a mount that should have came from the factory. Rockauto has the best prices also.

Drive Tastefully!
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

The E36 M42/4 ones are exactly not direct fit, but they will work. Somewhere in this section I have a comparison pic, and it shows that the locating button is in a different location, although there might be other differences in hardware.

Internally they are the same.

Comment

I had poly mounts. On a road trip one failed, the one next to the exhaust side dried out. Some guy in the area got a e36 mount to work on my car. I think might have made an adjustment to the nipple on the mount, maybe he just cut it out. Now I just had the poly on the drivers side go. Got one from Rockauto for about $20 bucks. Gonna throw that one in this weekend. I noticed a nipple on that one too. Wish I knew about the e36 M3 mounts before.
              dl ny country

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
                I had poly mounts. On a road trip one failed, the one next to the exhaust side dried out. Some guy in the area got a e36 mount to work on my car. I think might have made an adjustment to the nipple on the mount, maybe he just cut it out. Now I just had the poly on the drivers side go. Got one from Rockauto for about $20 bucks. Gonna throw that one in this weekend. I noticed a nipple on that one too. Wish I knew about the e36 M3 mounts before.
                dl ny country
                Correct, you just have to grind down the nipple on the e36 mounts

Comment

have a link to the Cortecos?
                  1991 318is ---230K - DD
                  1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                  so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
                    have a link to the Cortecos?
                    FCPeuro

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post

Drive Tastefully!
                      Oh Snap Now I read the e36 M3 motor mounts upgrade. I had polys on my car. The one near the header disintegrated a fews year ago on a Road trip from NY to N.C. Vintage-fest. Some guy helped me out with a stock e36 mount. Now my drivers side poly just went and I got a cheap from Rockauto. If they fail again I'l go with the e36 M3 ones.

dlm ny country

Comment

I have ordered engine mounts direct from BMW and Lemforder brand from Pelicanparts and they are both identical and had all the exact same markings.

Comment

Working...
                        X