Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 Coil On Plug kits

We are selling M42 Coil On Plug kits.

We use quality hardware no Home Depot stuff.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Who can we contact about purchasing one of these kits?

Comment

You can contact me -- paul@hqautosport.com

Comment

Hey Paul, you guys have a site? Tried www.hqautosport.com, no luck.

What else you make? Those look great.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

We are working on a couple of other potential kits but nothing to post yet.

We will eventually put together a website as well.

All of this stuff supports our BMW club racing efforts.

Comment

We still have some kits left.

We can sell the kit with or without coils.

Comment

what kind of coils need to be used for this kit?
              1991 318is ---230K - DD
              1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
              so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

So I'm trying to get this installed, but I have run into a possible issue.

It seems like the new coils aren't seating all the way into the spark plug hole like the original wires do. When you take the original wires in and out, they seem to sort of "snap" into place (snapping might not be the right description for it, but they fit snugly). The new coils don't feel like they are fitting in all the way though, they feel more loose.

Is this the way it is supposed to feel? I can't tell if the ends of the coils are making proper contact with the spark plugs. If I go ahead and bolt the coils down, is that what keeps the ends in place and it's OK? I don't want to just put them in there and try it and run the risk of something arcing.

I'm assuming that there isn't a possibility of the coils being the wrong type since I got them in the kit and one was even modified to fit.

Does all this sound normal, am I doing something wrong, or does something else have to get modified?

Comment

Originally posted by LovableSheep View Post
                  So I'm trying to get this installed, but I have run into a possible issue.

It seems like the new coils aren't seating all the way into the spark plug hole like the original wires do. When you take the original wires in and out, they seem to sort of "snap" into place (snapping might not be the right description for it, but they fit snugly). The new coils don't feel like they are fitting in all the way though, they feel more loose.

Is this the way it is supposed to feel? I can't tell if the ends of the coils are making proper contact with the spark plugs. If I go ahead and bolt the coils down, is that what keeps the ends in place and it's OK? I don't want to just put them in there and try it and run the risk of something arcing.

I'm assuming that there isn't a possibility of the coils being the wrong type since I got them in the kit and one was even modified to fit.

Does all this sound normal, am I doing something wrong, or does something else have to get modified?
                  What your saying makes sense. I actually had the same experience with my S50. It was the first time I changed the plugs on a COP motor. When I reinstalled the coils I noticed the same feeling like the COP plug wire wasn't fully touching the plug. That was a stock COP setup and I had the same impression.

If you want to make sure the COP plug wires are seating you might try what I did on my S50. I used a little WD-40 in the plug wire. That way you know the plug wire will push all the way down and WD-40 won't have any adverse effect on function.

We have been using this COP kit on our E30 M42 turbo D-Mod club racer for over a year now without any issues. The coils we sell with our kits are the same coils we are using. If you have any other questions please email either rob@hqautosport.com or paul@hqautosport.com

Comment

Originally posted by e30pq View Post
                    What your saying makes sense. I actually had the same experience with my S50. It was the first time I changed the plugs on a COP motor. When I reinstalled the coils I noticed the same feeling like the COP plug wire wasn't fully touching the plug. That was a stock COP setup and I had the same impression.

If you want to make sure the COP plug wires are seating you might try what I did on my S50. I used a little WD-40 in the plug wire. That way you know the plug wire will push all the way down and WD-40 won't have any adverse effect on function.

We have been using this COP kit on our E30 M42 turbo D-Mod club racer for over a year now without any issues. The coils we sell with our kits are the same coils we are using. If you have any other questions please email either rob@hqautosport.com or paul@hqautosport.com
                    OK, thanks for the response. I think when I start working on it again tomorrow I will measure just to make sure everything is lining up, and probably get some new spark plugs too and test the fit out of the car first.

Comment

Working...
                    X