Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time here: NEED HELP ID'ing SOME CRACKED HOSES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time here: NEED HELP ID'ing SOME CRACKED HOSES!

hey everyone; it's sad this is the first time im on this site and i need help with IDing some hoses. I just put on the Idle control valve and notice these broken. please help me ID with some part numbers!!! there's one hose that comes from the valve cover, goes into a 3-way splitter, then from then i don't know. it looks as if there's a tube that comes down from the air filter arm that also goes into the 3-way splitter...

thank you so much! as soon as this is done, i'll post pics with the newly done BBS!

john

Have fun.

Comment

realoem.com should answer all of your questions
      and the next time you take those kind of pictures
      try to get more lighting and avoid to use your flash
      it should help with the darkness and clarity of the
      pics

Scott
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post

thanks!

btw, i've tried realoem.com; didn't help in this case. the stealership wasn't much help either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr 330SeeEye OD View Post
          thanks!

btw, i've tried realoem.com; didn't help in this case. the stealership wasn't much help either.
          Reason being is that the vacuum lines tie in with the coolant system.. so when i was ordering all my hoses i had to keep having the guy switch back and forth between the coolant page and the intake page and also the engine page for the plastic coolant junction which hooks into the block.. ENSURE YOU REPLACE IT!

Comment

You guys are making this WAY too difficult. Leave the metal connected coolant lines as is. Remove the vacuum line from the valve cover cut it down as much as you can. Remove the vacuum line from the intake manifold towards the firewall and cut it down as much as you can to get it out of the way. Remove the vacuum line from underneath the intake boot between the throttle body and the AFM (that connects to the other side of the ICV) and cut it down and out of the way. Remove the hose from beneath the throttle body and cut it down and out of the way (it originaly went into the nasty octo-hose but really just routed over to the valve cover outlet.)

Put a new hose running from the valve cover to beneath the throttle body. This recirculates dirty air back into the intake system vs. the atmosphere. Simple one hose.

Take another hose and connect it from the intake manifold near the firewall to the ICV. Then connect another hose from the other side of the ICV to the plug on the bottom of the intake boot. Basically two hoses with one having an ICV inline. Use the opportunity to relocate the ICV somewhere it's easier to access in the future.

While you're at it remove the throttle body heater plates if it so pleases you. It'll make future work MUCH, MUCH easier. You don't need throttle body heaters in San Diego.

PM me if you have any questions. This should all take a couple hours max and is something pretty much anyone with a socket set can knock out.

Adam
            -------------------------------------------------
            06 Z4 ///M Roadster (slightly quicker than the e30)
            05 X5 (slightly roomier than the e30)
            91 318is Alpine White (IS the e30)

Comment

Working...
            X