e30 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 318is

hi i am having some probles with my 318is it is making a horrible noise on cold start up and the timming chain is also makin a little ticking noise which is not always there does any body have a cure for this? it is also comsuming fuel at a very high rate ther is some fuel return lines on the passenger side of the engine that have a little valve on the end of it does any one know wher the line from the valve goes i have been to my dealers and even they dont know what to do please help

As for the noise, try replacing your timing chain tensioner.
    There shouldn't be any fuel lines on the passenger side. Are you talking about the AC lines?

[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by haledj View Post
      There shouldn't be any fuel lines on the passenger side.
      UK car.

Comment

lol, oh ok

[/URL]

Comment

Ticking noise on start up is most likely the hyddralic lifters. try a lighter oil, if its winter time... thats just how these things work.

Originally posted by vlad
          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Mine was doing the same, replace your timing chain tensioner, easiest thing I've done on this car yet, literally took me 10 minutes, and when you do the install, I recommend just uncompressing the cylinder yourself not doing the rev to 4K. As for the lifters making noise, all BMWs do it, but try a lighter oil as mentioned above.
            1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
              UK car.

The car isn't exactly mirrored, you know.

Comment

Working...
              X