Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent CEL: code 1221 "EGO SENSOR"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent CEL: code 1221 "EGO SENSOR"?

My 318iS is popping intermittment check engine light, usually comes on with a steady state throttle or RPM above 3000. Light goes out with throttle lift off. The stomp test tells me its code 1221 "EGO SENSOR". Is this the O2 Sensor? I ask this because code 1222 is supposedly "LAMBDA CONTROL" (I didn't pop this code).

thanks in advance.

Lincoln
    Last edited by WhatWentWong; 01-04-2009, 05:59 PM.

Lazy O2 sensor?

Comment

Stuff a few of these in front of the radiator. should fix her up.

Is it running funny otherwise?

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Lambada code is a dumb code. It basically says something is wrong with your engine.. Points out the obvious and doesn't give detail.
        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

I've confirmed that this light comes on without fail under heavy load, ie, 5 gear pull from say, 30kph.

I wonder if this has anything to do with me running 90 octane, not 91?

Comment

Your running rich.

Comment

Your EGO is your oxygen sensor. EGO means Exhaust Gas Oxygen.

Turbo M20, MSnS, 38lb, 3" no cat, RPI 12.2", ATS DTC, 240whp/240wtq, Lmnop. www.DonsGarage.net

Comment

Super zombie thread but, this is almost exactly what I am dealing with, although I seem to have it trigger at even lower rpms, under load.

If I'm just cruising down the highway on fairly flat ground, there's no issues.
                That doesn't happen much as I live in the mountains.

Under load (going up a steep hill) I get the CEL, very poor running, MPG gauge pegs down.
                Once I reach the crest and load decreases, the light typically goes out fairly quickly.

I have another O2 sensor on the way, but I don't that that is going to completely solve my issue.

Fuel pump is new. All other fuel related tests re Bentley manual, have passed good.

Smoke test shows no leaks.

I read how many people have gone through so much and that the code can basically be anything.....so that's not very encouraging.

I am going to check C191 tonight.

Comment

Working...
                X