Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battling 1222 code on M42

Hey guys,

Just did some suspension/drivetrain work and had the exhaust dropped for about 2 months and put a bigger master cylinder on the car.

Ever since I put it back together, I've been getting a rough idle and a CEL for 1222 only on idle. Almost sounds cammed or like a rotary. Any blip of the throttle and the code goes away.

O2 sensor is about 1 year old and thought it might be a vacuum leak so I looked and found many torn hoses and replaced every vacuum line/hose under the intake manifold.
    Car still idles exactly the same and CEL still there. No loss of power or anything problems once I get in gear only at idle.

Any help would be great!

First off, make sure the TB plate appears seated at 0 throttle.

Look at your TPS wires. Consinder replacing the O2 sensor just in case it was dropped and broken, although you can test them easily enough.

Comment

So the same day I unplugged turned the car on and then plugged back in the 02 sensor after turning it off again. Then the car ran perfect again. Drove it for 2 more days. Short trips. Now today I drove about 20 minutes filled up at a gas station and then sitting at a light the CEL came back on and started running funny again. Better than before but still funny. Now I got home and am getting the CEL very consistent now.

Comment

I notice that i get no CEL if the 02 sensor is unplugged but a CEL when it’s plugged in.

Comment

If everything is fine when the 02 sensor is unplugged, check the wiring harness against the front firewall in the engine bay. There's a connector up on top of the wiring loom (behind the plastic cover) that should be unplugged if you're running an 02 sensor. If it's plugged in, try disconnecting it.

Comment

Working...
          X