Better Start After Sitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Start After Sitting

Just curious if anyone would have an answer to this. If it's been sitting for a few days, I've noticed the engine will start pretty much at first crank. If I've been using the car though it takes more effort to start the car? Battery problems?

You mean if you park it overnight It's worse, not during hot restarts? If it is the latter disregard the following and search for hot start issues.

Leaky injectors that dribble fuel which evaporates or leaks past rings after a few days? Just a sniff of the oil would probably indicate that.

Ultimately, I suspect that it's actually random based on where the engine stops after operation. The battery would only get worse after sitting, spark should be the same at hour two, day two, or week two, which pretty much leaves fuel, but likely not a fuel pressure issue.

Comment

Sorry I definitely didn't word that right. If I let the car sit for 3-4 days not using it, that's when it has the best start, pretty much on first crank.

If used within the last let's say 48 hours or under it's usually between 3-5 cranks, it's not really bad, just confusing I guess

Will definitely look into hot start issues

Comment

Working...
      X