Anybody else drive an auto e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else drive an auto e30?

So i know its a stupid question and i wanna do 5spd swap but i just wantedto see if anyone here drove an auto and enjoyed it?

My first E30 back in the day was an auto. I remember having a good time in it. I took it off road a lot, sticking it in drive and letting it eat was fun.

Comment

do I drive one? yes. Do I enjoy it? In traffic only. Otherwise, its just aggravating lol.

Comment

I got my car free...at 98K in nearly mint condition from an old woman. Sure, its a slush box but I've had it for 3 years and I'm just finishing up my freshman year in college, so I deal. A swap will come some day...but for now why fix what isn't broken if you don't have the funds? That's my reasoning anyway.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
        No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

I used to drive on about two months ago. I enjoyed it too. Too bad it got totaled by some old lady...

'89 325i - Totaled... good bye my love...
          '87 327i budget stroker - SOLD!!!
          '92 240sx - ca18det powered drift toy - SOLD!!!
          '89 325i - coupe - NEW daily
          '96 Audi A6 Quattro- Grocery getter/baby hauler
          '99 Busa - weekend wheelie monster

Comment

Originally posted by Desaevious View Post
            . A swap will come some day...but for now why fix what isn't broken if you don't have the funds? That's my reasoning anyway.
            In the same boat. I actually HAVE a 5spd parts car, but...the tranny whines and I do not want to do all that work to have a tranny that could die at any point.

Comment

auto is ok.. u have enough power to kick the tail out and do donuts in the rain if u put it down into 1 but manual is so much better.

mine was auto up untill friday past, got new linkage parts for the box and a Z3 M coupe shifter. also kept the 4.10 diff and shes a blast to 60. only downside is ur spinning 2500ish rpm at 60mph in 5th. more or less the same gearing as a 316/318i but with a more powerful engine. the car rips up 1st and 2nd gear lol it rocks

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

I have an auto 1991 325i.It's fine with me since i already have a 5 speed e46 330i.The only thing that bugs me is PO put an aftermarket exhaust that would suit a 5 speed car better.Anybody in NJ wants to swap exhaust????

Comment

my car's an auto with a shift kit so I love it:) chirping gears with an auto tragic is always fun, but regular automatic transmissions can get boring very quickly.

Originally posted by DmcL View Post
                  auto is ok.. u have enough power to kick the tail out and do donuts in the rain if u put it down into 1 ...
                  If you floor it under 30MPH, the car goes into first on its own, its not like most cars that have an option of going into low, 1st gear is used in Drive on E30's, you don't get more power switching it into 1st.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I have a auto E30. I dont get why everybody bags auto's constantly?! Alot of guys say "youre a women if you drive auto" Ive driven both, it comes down to preference and what kind of driving youre doing. I LOVE my E30, the handling ect is just great :)

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                      my car's an auto with a shift kit so I love it:) chirping gears with an auto tragic is always fun, but regular automatic transmissions can get boring very quickly.

If you floor it under 30MPH, the car goes into first on its own, its not like most cars that have an option of going into low, 1st gear is used in Drive on E30's, you don't get more power switching it into 1st.
                      Exlplain this "shift kit" I am interested!

Comment

Working...
                      X