how do i benchbleed clutch master cylider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i benchbleed clutch master cylider

i installed a clutch slave cylinder that had zero fluid in it, gravity is not helping me. does anyone know how to bench bleed it?
    :borg:

You don't need to bench bleed the clutch master. Install it in the car and pump it until you get back pressure on the pedal. It can take a bunch of pumps to clear the air, but it will clear. I grab the pedal and work it vigorously.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

x1

I actually bled it like you would bleed brakes, I only did it once and it was perfect. Just to make sure that there would be ZERO air in the system.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        You don't need to bench bleed the clutch master. Install it in the car and pump it until you get back pressure on the pedal. It can take a bunch of pumps to clear the air, but it will clear. I grab the pedal and work it vigorously.

ok ill try it somemore,i pumped it maybe a total of 15-20times and nothing also the pedel does not retract i may have installed somthing wrong

thanks guys
        :borg:

Comment

If you pumped the master that many times and never felt it produce back pressure, the master cylinder is bad. I don't know why you replaced the slave cylinder, but the only reason to do so would have been if the slave cylinder were leaking. Any other problems with the clutch will be the master cylinder or inside the bell housing.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
          X