"i" tranny on "e" car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"i" tranny on "e" car

I'm assuming that I have an "i" transmission because the 2 reference sensor holes are blocked off. I didn't realize I needed it because this is my first e30 and I bought the car without a transmission. So I sourced one out and installed it. After unsuccessful attempts to start the vehicle and hours and hours of searching the Internet, I discovered that those 2 sensors are crucial.

Now my quesion is, how do I unblock those holes to get my sensors in there? would I need to pull the transmission off again and drill those holes out? or can I do it with the transmission installed on the car?
    sigpic

in Lincoln Mass, he's parting just buy the transmission and resell the non e one.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I've never heard of anyone modding an I trans to make the bellhousing sensors fit, you need to 1st worry about boring the holes nicely then the threads for the bolt that holds it in. I think it'd be easier to just swap the trans, especially since it was just out so you know what you're doing and none of the bolts will be frozen. I'm local and I've got an E tranny I'll swap you. I'll PM you my cell.

Comment

a getrag 260 is a getrag 260
        Originally posted by blunt
        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
          a getrag 260 is a getrag 260
          No, the e ones have the flywheel sensors that you need for the car to run.

You can either swap your whole electrical to motronic 1.3 or you can just swap to an e tranny. I'd do the later, in fact when I acquired an "i" tranny and discovered that I needed an e to get the flywheel sensors I did just this. I returned it and sourced an e trans.
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Swapping tranny it is! Thanks for the input guys...
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X