Input seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input seal

Anyone know where I can get the correct input shaft seal? It's the standard 35x52x7mm, but everyone seems to only sell the Elring replacement. The problem is that the Elring is a single-lip, while the OEM is double-lip. I'm pulling my tranny again because the single-lip isn't up to the task (massive leak @ higher rpm). I don't want to have this thing crap all over my new Spec setup.

Your dealer can provide the OE seal
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I know, I was hoping I wouldn't have to take off from work to get one. Might be the best choice

Comment

I'd just get it at Faulkner. They've had comparable prices to Pelican on just about everything I've gotten there, and you get it in two days if they don't have it in stock.
        Cornering is like bringing a woman to climax.
        -Jackie Stewart

Comment

Bump

get the one from the dealer...I am now replacing an Elging input shaft seal after about 11K miles because it leaks...before installation I noticed the difference but thought nothing of it...now I'm busting my knuckles again installing the one from the dealer...sometimes you get what you pay for...just my 2 cents

Comment

Hopefully your busted knuckles will save me some grief.

Thanks!
            Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

just thought I'd put this out there...couple of years ago I rebuilt the engine of my vert and during this rebuild I changed my clutch and surrounding parts including the input shaft seal. Make a long story short...11K miles later my tranny leaks oil. Pulled the tranny a few days ago and the leak is from around the input shaft seal. And this is why. The aftermarket input shaft seal has the same dimensions as the dealer part but is different. Around the inside and outside of the aftermarket seal there are no hash marks to help prevent oil leakage.
              So word to the wise...if you're replacing your input shaft seal get the dealer part. IMHO
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X