Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harmonic balancer

Quick question.

I have an 89 325i 5 speed and was wondering if the harmonic balancer was for the small guibos. My friend needs this information before he can work on replacing my clutch end of this week. I guess he needs to know what part he needs to remove it? Anyways, if anyone knows please let me know. Thank you very much

just take off the dampner. You dont even need it. Just bolt the driveshaft straight to the guibo. Thats how I have mine right now with no problems what soever
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

I believe that's what my friend plans on doing. But he mentioned that he needs something in order to remove it and before he can remove it he needs to know if it was for a small guibo or large guibo?

Comment

you should have the small guibo. But Im still in the dark as to what he needs. all you need is a couple end wrenches and a 13mm socket. pop the driveshaft out and hammer the studs out of the vibration dampner and then once its off hammer the studs back in.

Taylor
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

ok thanks taylor ill let him know. we plan to work on it this coming friday so I'm trying to get all the information beforehand so that the process goes as smoothly as possible.

Comment

Working...
          X