High lock diffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
    But this isn't oil. And there isn't anything wearing/rubbing, is there?
    Just because it's a liquid doesn't mean it can't change state.

Take a butter churn as an example. I don't see any friction, but it still turns milk into butter. Look into shear forces in fluids - that has an effect on molecules.
    Heck, i just found your friction. Molecules rubbing on molecules.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
    Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Well, if any of you come across a 3.91 viscous diff out of a manual IX, shoot me a PM and I'll try it in my car and the drift car.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
        Well, if any of you come across a 3.91 viscous diff out of a manual IX, shoot me a PM and I'll try it in my car and the drift car.
        you should try to shim it before install, if you drift it as is it may die very quickly....

VLSD hates drifting :) but we do it anyway!!!
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

My customer diff building pictures for all to enjoy:

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

4 new oem clutch discs have been ordered overnight :) If all goes as I planned I'll have my center section out this friday/saturday for a build.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Just remember, don't just shove in extra clutches. You need to machine if you go more than 3 clutches. Otherwise, you might as well just weld the damn thing.

Comment

I'll leave that to the pro to do :)

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Are you getting new ramps cut?

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

^^Thinking of doing this on my next rebuild. Want to add at least on more clutch and might go up to the 2.1mm plates.

Originally posted by Roysneon
                    $5 shipped?
                    Originally posted by MarkD
                    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Not doing different ramps at this time, it adds up another $$$ on top and I don't want to make too many changes at once to evaluate the results...

Comment

Sure. So you'll have a 75% lock diff?

Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

this thread makes me happy i took the time to swap a z3 lsd into a 4.11 pumpkin.
                          90 E30 325i

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                            Just remember, don't just shove in extra clutches. You need to machine if you go more than 3 clutches. Otherwise, you might as well just weld the damn thing.
                            Where do you know this from? I have a 4 disc in my car, no machining required. You can drive it if you are local

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I just wanted to update: I purchased 3 Bimmerworld "race" clutch discs, and an extra porsche 2.0mm plate. My bud put it together and modified the ramp angle so it's around 60-65% lockup.

It's. Fucking. Amazing. It honestly changed the way the car drove. It is more predictable, more stable, and much more communicative. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                                I just wanted to update: I purchased 3 Bimmerworld "race" clutch discs, and an extra porsche 2.0mm plate. My bud put it together and modified the ramp angle so it's around 60-65% lockup.

It's. Fucking. Amazing. It honestly changed the way the car drove. It is more predictable, more stable, and much more communicative. I love it.
                                YUPS. my E30 does a throttle induced doughnut or 2 every time I need to change directions on my street now........addicting.....

Comment

Working...
                                X