OEM clutch for spirited driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM clutch for spirited driving?

I have a 325i with injectors and a chip and not looking to add any significant power to the engine.

I love cornering hard
    I love spirited canyon drives
    I want to go to a few HPDE's in the future
    I try to drive smooth and not abuse the car
    I dont want to put a clutch thats too agressive in the car
    I dont dump the clutch. I like to accelerate @ full throttle but when I do, it always involves rolling slowly and easily from a stop in 1st gear and once the clutch is fully engaged THEN I give it full throttle.

So basically. I like to drive my car fast and try not to be too hard on it at the same time. Will an OEM Sachs clutch kit be okay for this less-abusive but still spirited driving?

depends on the condition of the current clutch now but in general BMWs were designed with the intention of taking your car to work and taking it to the track after while being able to take it home and pick up the kids on the way (can't say the same for their current quality)

Comment

yes. i abused the piss out of my last E30 and the clutch held up fine.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

The OE clutch is more than adequate, if used correctly. That said, an upgraded clutch is a better choice if track use is in the future.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I am planning on buying a new OEM Sachs clutch to go with my 5spd swap this weekend. Thanks for the reassurance!

Comment

My OEM Sachs M20 clutch has held up to some abuse behind my M50. I normally drive in a manner that's not too hard on the clutch but when it's dark and nobody's around, it gets a whuppin'.

Comment

+1 for OEM Sachs clutch. I abuse the piss out of it @ track and street, no problems.

Comment

Working...
              X