Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestions for ssk? more confused than ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions for ssk? more confused than ever...

After reading through at least 20 pages of the main SSK thread my head is spinning.... Can anyone help me out or offer recommendations for what I'm looking for?

For an '89 325i, I'm looking for a shorter shifter height but don't want something too notchy or difficult to move, and remove a lot of the slop. I don't really mind longer shifts if it means keeping things easy to move.

For those reasons I'm leaning to a z4 2.5 because I've read it is short but has longer throws than others and not as notchy. Then there's the UUC kit but not sure if I can justify that much money.

I'm assuming with that and all new bushings the slop would be eliminated? Would it be worth it to install the DSSR?

Thanks!

UUC kit is very good. If you dont want to spend that much, we are big fans of e36 m3 stock shifter.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

You want a shorter shifter but not notchier? Take a hack saw to your shifter. FREE!

If you want a smoother shifter but not shorter throw, replace all your bushings and stuff in the shifter assembly.

Comment

Working...
      X