Center Bearing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center Bearing..

How the hell do i get it off?!?!?!?! The bearing is stuck on the drive shaft. I got the whole drive shaft on the floor and can not get this dam thing of. Can i beat it with a hammer to get it off?

Edit:
    Lets make it more clearer,
    Tried to pull the bearing out and i got the whole casing and not the bearing itself. Can i beat it off with a hammer? Or is there a special tool i need? Or anyone in tucson want to help?
    Last edited by SoCalKidz; 06-21-2011, 03:09 PM.

You will need puller or a press. But before replacing the CSB you need to be aware that if the rubber mount of the CSB failed, the cause will almost always be binging u-joints in the drive shaft. You can replace the CSB, but the new part will soon fail in the same way. The only long term fix is to replace the entire drive shaft.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

guys - i've got my old bearing off of the DS, but I'll be damned if the new one, or for that matter, the old one, will go back on.
      I am correct in assuming the bearing needs to be snug all the way down onto the smooth machined part of the DS, and not be 'straddling' any of the spines, correct?
      If so, why do these not go on?
      Any advice to get it on?

Comment

There may be a couple different part numbers for your DS

Comment

Working...
        X