Automatic Transmission Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Transmission Issues

I have a 1987 325is vert and last night my tranny went out , while I was on the freeway. She was running fine all day but when I started to head home from work I heard a pop then could not accelerate at all. I pulled over and checked the tranny oil and it was full today I check the shift linkage and its all connected correctly. If anyone could give me insight as to where I should start looking next that would be very much appreciated.

If the engine keeps revving and there's no forward movement, and if there's no clunking noise under the car, you may have a pump that went tits up. If that happened, I would either get a replacement tranny or do a 5-spd swap. Also, what color was the fluid? Red or Brown/black? Did it smell like ass or was it just oily smelling? Lastly, what type of tranny do you have? I just so happen to have an automatic that ran great that I pulled from my '88 Cabbie when I swapped it to a 5-spd. It's a ZF 4HP-22. I'll let it go real cheap if you need it...
    :bow:WARMSQUASH1
    "So far, this is the oldest I've ever been..."

1987 325iC "Bert" - In high tech cryogenic stasis next to John Wayne waiting for a cure for Cancer

1988 325iC "Ernie" - 5-spd swap is DUN!!!, interior, rims, body kit and kitten sex...

Comment

Thanks dude for your help well I just did the 5 speed swap and now im happier then ever. It would have cost me more to buy the automatic tranny. And it was fairly ez to do the swap only took me 9 hours I thought it would take weeks lol.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X