Clutch Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Help!

I havean 87 ETA, and just today my clutch began to get really soft to push, and then once i shift it doesnt come out all the way. As of now i can still shift, but should i keep driving on it?

Also what are some of the possible things that are wrong? I was thinking maybe fluid, or master/slave cylinder.

Any and all imput is appreciated because i need to get this fixed before h2o in 1 week!

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Is the level in the brake fluid reservoir where it should be or changing? Are you dripping fluid around where the bell housing is? I suspect a leak after the clutch master cylinder. It could be in the lines but more likely the slave. Pull it out of the tranny, press the clutch pedal and look for leaks.

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

I think your slave cylinder is taking a dump.

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

the brake fluid tank is a little low, and i do need to change my brake fluid and bleed my brake lines. Would that have anything do do with this? A little while back my brakes felt soft, until i pumped them and i tried pumping my clutch, and nothing else happened.

Do i really need to pull out the transmission just to get to the slave cylinder? How easy of a job would it be?

I need to get this all sorted out before h2o in 1 week.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

any other suggestions. im bleeding my brake lines and putting all new fluid in today, hopefully thats the problem because i checked and my brake fluid is really low.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Mine did the same thing right before the slave cylinder crapped out. You'll want to change that before it fails, when mine failed it pissed brake fluid all over the clutch and ruined the clutch.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

i feel like its definately the slave cylinder too, and my brake fluid is really low, but i check and im not leaking anything.
              Where would i be able to get a slave cylinder right away, because im planning on driving to h2o in 1 week.
              Also is it an easy thing to change? Could you give me a little more info on it?

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

You may have luck with auto parts stores, but personally I'd go with Blunt Tech. If you tell him you're on a time crunch he's usually pretty good about meeting the deadlines.

It's an easy change, in theory. Two nuts and a hard line. Borrow some flare nut wrenches from someone or purchase a set, you're gonna be pissed if you round off the brass fitting.

Undo the two nuts, undo the hard line, pull out the old one, reinstall is opposite of removal. Then bleed as normal

Moral of this story?

Comment

ok thanks alot. the cylinder itself isnt leaking, i checked last night, so today im going to just bleed the whole system and put more fluid in, because i think im just low and theres air in the line. the tank is like 1/4 or less full, and its way below the minimum line. if that doesnt work ill definately order the slave cylinder asap.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

if the fluid is low, there is a leak somewhere. that shit doesn't just disappear.

Moral of this story?

Comment

i park my car in the same spot every night, and i have never noticed anything that leaked. i also was low on fluid right when i got the car, and am just getting around to the usual matinence, due to a lack of a job and money. Im gonna fill everything up, and see if there is a leak, and if there is, how slow it is. the low brake fluid light came on atleast 2 months ago, and i have continued to drive, and havent gotten around to it.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Working...
                      X