Diff and Tranny Fluids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diff and Tranny Fluids

yes i searched. i've come up with Redline MTL for my tranny and Redline 75/90 for my LSD....now how much would i need to buy and for my transmission (manual) and my limited slip?
    also are these recommended for freezing cold canadian winters?
    thanks

Originally posted by King Luis
    yes i searched. i've come up with Redline MTL for my tranny and Redline 75/90 for my LSD....now how much would i need to buy and for my transmission (manual) and my limited slip?
    also are these recommended for freezing cold canadian winters?
    thanks
    Yes they will be fine for the winter here. You might find shifting is easier when the car is cold too.

You need to add enough fluid to both so that it starts to flow out of the fill hole.

You actually only need less than 2 qts of each to fill them but unless you have a pump, you might want to buy an extra one because it's a pain to fill in the tight space with a half full bottle. Before I bought a pump (cheap at walmart) I used 3 bottles to fill my differential.

James

Comment

alright...thanks....i'm going to be doing new tranny and diff fluids, new diff gasket, new IE eyeball arms and a full rust proofing. then i'll be ready for the winter.

Comment

Two bottles of each fluid will be more than enough. A fluid pump is essential for getting it into the fill holes as well - they're pretty cheap and just look like a liquid soap dispenser with a hose on it. Most importantly, make sure you get the fill plug out before the drain plug.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I have some extra bottles of Redline MTL and 75w90 diff oil from the last group buy with the E46 guys. I'm in Oakville too so let me know if you're interested. Price is CAD$14 each.

Comment

I just put in the Quacker State synthetic 75W140 and I'm getting mad locking in the rear. I'm going to try a different fluid but what ever you do don't buy the quacker state shit.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe
              I just put in the Quacker State synthetic 75W140 and I'm getting mad locking in the rear. I'm going to try a different fluid but what ever you do don't buy the quacker state shit.
              Wouldn't that also be because you baught the wrong weight?

Comment

Well, BMW recommends 70W90, which is pretty damn close to 75W, and the 140 is just because it's synthetic and has a larger temp spread.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I'm gonna do Redline 75W-90 n live happily ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by T.Dot E30
                    I'm gonna do Redline 75W-90 n live happily ever after.
                    i did....new tranny and diff fluids (both from redline and synthetic) also with my new z4 ssk and eyeball arms, car is acting better. i took it to a friend's shop. he had a pump and the only problems we had was one of the bolt head's broke from the eyeball arm so we had to drill and rethread and put a new bolt in and we had some trouble figuring out how to take the shifter rod out. (we simple broke the clips on the white plastic piece.) :P

Comment

Working...
                    X