CV axle boot kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV axle boot kit question

I am getting ready to replace the inner and outer boots on the rear axles of my '88 325is and there is a question I have in regards to the inner boot kit part number. Realoem shows two different part numbers for the inner boot kit (33 21 9 067 812 and 33 21 9 067 814). My local dealer and several websites show both part numbers but they don't say what (if any) differences there are between the two. Does anybody have any idea what is proper part number or are they the same?

thanks in advance!

Just buy reman'd axles.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Originally posted by Asbradley21 View Post
      Just buy reman'd axles.
      yeah, no thanks.

Comment

They aren't the same. Look at Pelicanparts and you should be able to get the part numbers and pics to tell the difference. The inner is a boot attached to the metal flange cover thingy and comes with a cover that goes inbetween the CV and Diff. The outter is a boot only that attaches to the outter CV.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gus View Post
          They aren't the same. Look at Pelicanparts and you should be able to get the part numbers and pics to tell the difference. The inner is a boot attached to the metal flange cover thingy and comes with a cover that goes inbetween the CV and Diff. The outter is a boot only that attaches to the outter CV.
          thanks for the reply but I know the difference between an inner boot kit and an outer boot kit. The problem is that there are two different interior boot kit part numbers and I would like to know the difference between the two.

Comment

I don't know what the difference is between those part numbers. The last few times I have done this I've used the 814/815 parts.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
            X