High output clutches:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High output clutches:

I did a search for a bit and did not find anything suited to above 350hp(thread info). My goal is for around mid 400s. I have been reading up on the F1 clutches, Clutch Masters, Sachs performance, stock combos and UUC setups.

My dream setup would be a twin clutch UUC for the m50. This would be amazing for DD and handle my power goals all day with the room to improve as I get ready to do a full overhaul of the bottom end in a few years.

So I just want to get some info into one single thread for the use of any engine/tranny setup.

I was planning on doing a M5 flywheel with a custom disk. I just did not know who to have build it. But for the money XTR clutches offer a 10lbs aluminum flywheel and holding power of almost 490hp. What worries me is the price, it is well within budget but scares me because of other brands pricing. From searching reviews and other forums it seems the disk is made by clutchnet and the PP is from gripforce.

So post up guys, this is NOT for anything under 300hp. A stock Sachs handles that all day.
    Last edited by F34R; 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

you should have torque in mind, not just hp. spec is another clutch manufacturer you might consider, I've been happy with their stage 3 six puck sprung in my car.
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

135/335/535 OEM BMW LUK CLUTCH. rated for an OEM N54b30 @ 300 ft-lbs or so. OEM 369 ft-lb rating clutch is also avail (2012 1M). Has been proven on the dyno to mid-high 400rwhp in e92's

Full setup Bolts on to a m20 with OEM bmw bolts and would work with original g260 with an s52 center disc. M54b30 zhp dual mass fly is lighter than the stock m20 flywheel. M50 starter bolts into m20 starter position and is lighter, also plug and play electronically.

OEM bmw twin/single turbo clutch- great in bay area traffic.
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
        135/335/535 OEM BMW LUK CLUTCH. rated for an OEM N54b30 @ 300 ft-lbs or so. OEM 369 ft-lb rating clutch is also avail (2012 1M). Has been proven on the dyno to mid-high 400rwhp in e92's

Full setup Bolts on to a m20 with OEM bmw bolts and would work with original g260 with an s52 center disc. M54b30 zhp dual mass fly is lighter than the stock m20 flywheel. M50 starter bolts into m20 starter position and is lighter, also plug and play electronically.

OEM bmw twin/single turbo clutch- great in bay area traffic.
        I saw this in one of your threads for a turbo m20. What is the setup cost range? Since you already did it is why I am asking.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
          I saw this in one of your threads for a turbo m20. What is the setup cost range? Since you already did it is why I am asking.
          the clutch kit is ~ same as a s52 (~ 450)
          dual mass flywheel new is ~ 650
          bolts for dual mass $27
          bolts for pressure plate $18 (iirc)
          throw out bearing (needle type for 6 speed) - $34?

So probably ~ $1200 or so retail? I'm sure Blunt can make someone a deal on all the bits.

not as much as a UUC twin plate and more street-able IMO. Twin plates and triple plates are quite popular on supras and "can" be driven in traffic if you are a hoss......... but I have been there when my friends tilton MK4 single kicked out a ramp going up the trailer. NOT FUN AT ALL.

one other issue with twin/triple; the transmission/diff carnage from it. Friend ran a twin OSG on his RX7, kept breaking diff mounts from the shock transfer

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

not as much as a UUC twin plate and more street-able IMO. Twin plates and triple plates are quite popular on supras and "can" be driven in traffic if you are a hoss......... but I have been there when my friends tilton MK4 single kicked out a ramp going up the trailer. NOT FUN AT ALL.

one other issue with twin/triple; the transmission/diff carnage from it. Friend ran a twin OSG on his RX7, kept breaking diff mounts from the shock transfer
            You've got to try a UUC Twin Disk... your description above of the typical tiny-multi-disk setups does not apply to the UUC.

The UUC Twin Disk drives like a standard OE organic clutch. We've had people test-drive one of our Twin demo cars and they get out and ask, "okay, now let's go drive the twin." We smile and say "you JUST DID!" ;-)

IMO, having already been a distributor for one of the larger brands mentioned earlier that couldn't hold the torque of a bicycle, there is no better high-horsepower setup than the UUC Twin Disk. Over on one of the other E36 message boards, the UUC Twin Disk users are thrilled with the results.
            - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
            Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

do you have a demo setup I can try?

Comment

do you have a demo setup I can try?
                If you're coming out here to the ATL region, sure!
                - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

Comment

Bling bling. Going to a client with a daily driven wide body e46 getting a technica Motorsports rotating assembly in a double vanos converted s52 and gt3537R setup.

Impressive piece of kit Rob! Will let you know how it handles illicit public road Wangan runs and 600rwhp huffing meth :)

Comment

Impressive piece of kit Rob! Will let you know how it handles illicit public road Wangan runs and 600rwhp huffing meth :)
                    Awesome, glad you like what you see so far!

Technica does some great work, should be a great match with that clutch.

Keep me posted, looking forward to your driving impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
                      Awesome, glad you like what you see so far!

Technica does some great work, should be a great match with that clutch.

Keep me posted, looking forward to your driving impressions.
                      I'm also happy that both UUC twindiscs were sent to me from Alpharetta GA.

Glad to support USA product with USA customer support.

Comment

Rob, when will you have a twin disc clutch for the 330i ZHP 6sp?
                        -----------------
                        89 M50B28 turbo
                        LINKY
                        -----------------

Comment

Originally posted by Nutzy View Post
                          Rob, when will you have a twin disc clutch for the 330i ZHP 6sp?
                          Getting very close to releasing the E46 330 6-speed fitment.

Comment

Working...
                          X