Transmission Tunnel Brace??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Tunnel Brace??

Okay so what is the 6 hole thing for??? It doesnt connect to my auto, and I cant find it on RealOEM

Also I know there is a FAT metal piece that I believe was connected to it that I need to find. This part was like cast iron, lol, and about 5 inches long
    Last edited by 5Toes; 05-29-2012, 09:50 PM.

It just bolts up under your car over the heat shield.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Okay. Anybody familiar with autos able to tell me what the 5 inch long cast thing is all about?

Comment

You mean the part that holds both those pieces together? BTW that is a manual trans brace pictured.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yeah I guess the part that holds them together. I cant find any pics around of it

Comment

Its not factory. Someone just welded them together.

Comment

Oh I know that the pic I posted is not factory. I cant find any pics of this shorter thing though, oh well.

Comment

There is an engine brace that is about 5" inches long shaped somewhat like a narrow triangle with bent tips at each end. The narrow end carries a rubber bumper. It bolts to the lower right side of the bellhousing and points towards the subframe
                The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

^ that is what I am thinking of. Now I have to find it! haha

Comment

Working...
                  X