Lightened flywheel source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightened flywheel source?

Pretty self explanatory. Looking to get one, but am not sure where to look.

Alternatively, hearing from people who have just had their original flywheel machined down would be helpful...specifically where the weight was removed.

Thanks in advance!
    Garrick
    1989 325is
    DSP #72

JB Racing, expensive, but fucking gnarly.

Comment

I haven't seen any for less than $500.00.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh
        I haven't seen any for less than $500.00.
        Metric Mechanic...
        Garrick
        1989 325is
        DSP #72

Comment

Just have your flywheel machined down. We had that done to a customer's e30 that we are putting the m50 into. They can easily shave off a lot of material from the back of the flywheel.

MUCH cheaper than buying a light weight flywheel.

Comment

Thanks E-30 racer....ummm...autocrosser.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
            X