E46 M3 6 Speed Trans will bolt on M50/52? Boost related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 6 Speed Trans will bolt on M50/52? Boost related

Just wondering, I know (I did the test also) that m20/m50-52 has the same bolt patern for the 5 speed manual transmision. But I don't know if the M3 E46 will bolt in a M50, if so, that means should bolt in a m20.

Happens , a friend of mine told me that some guys was selling one 6 speed manual trans from a wrecked m3 I think and since I was looking to upgrad emy m20 with a ZF M3 E36 manual trans , I had this doubt.

Any feedback?

Thanks

-Diego:D
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Yes, the bolt patterns line up.

You'll have to use a e36 or e46 clutch I think, as the e30 input shaft is smaller.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

That's good if is true.

Right know I just can't remember wich of both input shaft "nose" thick section was bigger, the e30 or the e36, because when I installed the S50B30 US crank in my m20 blcok, it came with it's own ball bearing and the getrag 260 input shaft didn't fit , reason that I had to buy another ball bearing to make it fit ( just changed the inside diameter) .

If only the ball bearing if the issue for fitmen problems, wich I think can solved by replacing another ball bearing size, should keep the stock m20 flywheel and plate/disc (I have a four pack disc anyways) , should work witht he e46 6 speed trans?

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Working...
      X