Driveshaft installation problem! (pictures)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mother_russia
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    What car is the driveshaft from? Silly question but you know a guibo (flex disc) goes on there too right?

    Any non-airbag E30 pedal box is going to be a direct swap in to your car.
    So which pedal set do I need? I got a 1990 325i sedan. Do I need the early or the late modelp pedals? How do I know if theyre the airbag or non airbag pedals?

    Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    What car is the driveshaft from? Silly question but you know a guibo (flex disc) goes on there too right?

    Any non-airbag E30 pedal box is going to be a direct swap in to your car.

    Leave a comment:


  • mother_russia
    replied
    Originally posted by jlevie
    It sounds to me like you don't have the correct drive shaft or you have the wrong transmission. The splined part of the drive shaft is about six inches long. When installed a bit more than half of the spline will be in the rear half of the drive shaft. So there isn't enough spline to explain the drive shaft being six inches too long.
    The engine/tranny are both off of a 87 e30. The tranny is a getrag 260.

    Leave a comment:


  • mother_russia
    replied
    Originally posted by ttrousdell
    Are you sure you put the two sections of the 5 speed driveshaft together right. Splined section slid in all the way although 6 inches is a stretch if that was the case? The auto tranny is about 4 inches longer then the manual tranny as you probably know. Where did you get the driveshaft and is it possible that it could be from a different car?


    Explain what that is?
    I just edited the post. see if you understand it now.

    Leave a comment:


  • jlevie
    replied
    It sounds to me like you don't have the correct drive shaft or you have the wrong transmission. The splined part of the drive shaft is about six inches long. When installed a bit more than half of the spline will be in the rear half of the drive shaft. So there isn't enough spline to explain the drive shaft being six inches too long.

    Leave a comment:


  • ttrousdell
    replied
    Are you sure you put the two sections of the 5 speed driveshaft together right. Splined section slid in all the way although 6 inches is a stretch if that was the case? The auto tranny is about 4 inches longer then the manual tranny as you probably know. Where did you get the driveshaft and is it possible that it could be from a different car?

    Originally posted by mother_russia
    Also, the steering wheel doesn't fit in with the pedal set. Anyone know why?
    Explain what that is?

    Leave a comment:


  • mother_russia
    started a topic Driveshaft installation problem! (pictures)

    Driveshaft installation problem! (pictures)

    Sup dudes.. so I got a little problem... Ive been working on my e30 for a few weeks now, and just ran into a problem...
    I got the car as an auto, so ive been trying to do the 5 speed swap. Today, I tried to install the driveshaft, and I find out that its about 4 inches too long. The original driveshaft, off the auto, is 4 inches too short. So, what do I do? What did I do wrong?

    I know I have the small flange driveshaft because anything more than 3 inches(see picture #1) from one bolt to another would not be considered a small flange.

    In picture #2, I'm trying to show you guys that the driveshaft doesn't want to fit in. I really do not know what to do with this. Has anyone else had this problem before??
    The whole driveshaft is sitting as far back into the rear diff as possible. I have no idea how to create more room in order to make this fit..

    Picture #1


    Picture #2
    Last edited by mother_russia; 06-20-2012, 01:44 AM.
Working...