Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driveshaft installation problem! (pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyrix2k View Post
    Answer this question - what car is the driveshaft from? Year, model, and manual/auto?
    my car is a 1990 325i sedan. I'm not sure what car this driveshaft came from. All i know is that it has a small flange.

Comment

Get the right driveshaft? I believe an e36 driveshaft will fit your car.
      1997 540i/6 - stock
      1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
      1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

It looks like it's the right driveshaft. both sides bolt right up, its just that the length is too long....

Comment

Originally posted by mother_russia View Post
          It looks like it's the right driveshaft. both sides bolt right up, its just that the length is too long....
          if it's too long, it's either hyperextended or the wrong driveshaft.
          1997 540i/6 - stock
          1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
          1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Originally posted by mother_russia View Post
            my car is a 1990 325i sedan. I'm not sure what car this driveshaft came from. All i know is that it has a small flange.
            Post a picture of the middle section of the drive shaft. The part of interest is just aft of the center support bearing.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
              Post a picture of the middle section of the drive shaft. The part of interest is just aft of the center support bearing.
              So I figured it out. The driveshaft that I had was for a e30, but not for the 325i. It was a 318 driveshaft, and that's why it didn't fit. Upon reading your post about e36 driveshafts fitting, some guy was selling one locally and I decided to buy it. Well, it didn't fit either. That's probably because its for the e36 m3, not the base model haha. So then I found a guy selling a e30 325i driveshaft from Portland, OR(2 hours away) and drove there to buy it.
              Never thought finding the right driveshaft would be this big of a pain in the ass.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Comment

as for your pedal the non airbag pedals can fit on a airbag car but all u need to do is loosen the nut on the end of the bolt that goes horizontally to hold the auto brake pedas in and replace the bolt with the longer one from a manual non airbag car then throw ur clutch pedal and smaller brake pedal on the bolt only things being changed is the bolt and the brake and clutch pedal! good luck i did this to mine and it works perfect

Comment

Working...
                X