Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this what a duel mass flywheel does?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this what a duel mass flywheel does?!

Is this normal for a flywheel, or is something busted?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Caveat: this is out of my e46, but since everything else under there is like my e30, I figured you guys would know. You're also all nicer and seemingly more knowledgeable than the e46 guys :)
    -------------------------------------------------
    1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
    2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

A duel flywheel?

I don't know but I assume it involves either jousting or pistols at dawn
    88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

I believe the factory manual has specs on how much it should move in each direction, but it should "spring back"...otherwise they call for a replacement.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Yeah that has a pretty big dead zone and should probably be replaced or repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
          Yeah that has a pretty big dead zone and should probably be replaced or repaired.
          that looks to be perfectly fine, of the ~25 or so Dual mass flywheels i have within 50 feet of my desk most of the newer style Luk units have about that much initial 'play'

Comment

Working...
          X