clutch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch issue

Well I have a new problem I hope someone can solve it. I got the car running. I go to let out the clutch and take it for a drive to see how the new clutch and everything runs. Well I release the clutch and nothing. It feels like it catches a little but just stays still with the clutch fully released. If you put it in like say 3rd. It makes a whurling sound and feels like its gonna catch but still does nothing. I bled the slave cylinder via the bentley manual and I still cant figure it out. I tried everything I know of. It was working just fine before I did the clutch job. I did everything just like z122643's write up and even double checked the bentley. I have no idea what it could be right now. All I know is I need this car running soon. Please help. I did buy the clutch kit from bavauto so I replaced everything from that kit. Im stumped though on this.

Also a sidenote. Dont know if this helps but when we bled it the way the bentley said. it said to pump the clutch a few times then hold it. With it held down you open the bleeder valve and let it drain a little. Close it and then let out of the clutch. When we did that the clutch stuck to the floor and we had to hand pull it back. Dont know if thats common? maybe a master cylinder? I also had my brother do the clutch pedal so I could bleed it so I didnt do it by myself.

Comment

it's not disengaging?
      when i bled mine, with the slave cylinder unbolted.
      i pointed the bleeder screw up, loosen screw, push rod in, bubbles out, tighten screw.
      there is this also... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdf--suwqw0
      1990 325i - Current Project
      2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Comment

I will Try that again and see what happens. Im starting to wonder if when I was mounting the transmission to the block since it was out of the car. If the throwout bearing slid a little out and now isn't lined up with the pivot bracket and thats causing it to stay engaged. hmmm but it shouldnt have let me even get the transmission on the if that was the case? I will try bleeding it again though just to triple check before I go unbolting and taking off the transmission to find out. That will be such a pain and thats by far my last resort.

Comment

Working...
        X