need some clutch advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some clutch advice

So, my clutch has gotten worse over the last month or so. Definitely want to upgrade soon. There's so many options on clutches my head is spinning. The ol bronzit has a lot of mods going on... worked head, free flow exhaust, miller maf, full suspension, brakes, etc. It's a semi-daily driver. I like to drive it hard. I'd like something that is easy in traffic but fun on the track. I'm thinking organic (stage1) or kevlar (stage2)? And maybe a lightweight flywheel to add some pep? I just don't want the think where it's a pain to drive around town and shit. I was really looking at the clutchmaster/jb racing flywheel combo that bimmerworld offers.

What's y'all's experience with this? I'm probably going to order the thing tomorrow... getting her ready for the Brodeo.

A Stage II clutch is still streetable, but anything beyond that is pretty much track only. A lightweight flywheel may be a bit much. Especially if there is wear in the transmission input shaft bearings.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Input shaft bearing are prob worn... I was thinking throw out bearing but after reading up on it seems more like input shaft bearing. Thanks for the advice, I'll prob stray away from the lightweight flywheel until I get the trans rebuilt.

Comment

Install OEM BMW S52 entire clutch assembly. its plug and play into the place of existing M20 clutch set; use the fly+pp+friction disc and mount a M50/s52 starter.

Daily drive-able in third world country traffic; will take Turbo M20 abuse (and lower boost S52 abuse also). Works great on the track also - the S52 dual mass unit is USA only and 22 lbs. the OEM M20 single mass fly is 20 lbs but the pressure plate weight is more than the S52 unit.
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
        X