How should I clean my diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should I clean my diff?

There was a pool of oil under my diff and I need to clean it up real good to see where the leak is coming from to see if it's crakced or if one of the seals is leaking. So I'm curious what kind of stuff you guys would use to clean the diff, brushes, solutions, etc. Thanks in advance.

wire brushes work well, and you can always polish it off with some brake cleaner and shop towels.

Comment

Castrol Superclean
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Is it possible for a fucked up central support bearing to burst the input seal on the diff? And how bad is it to drive with a bad central support bearing?

Comment

Originally posted by ehlpitel
          Is it possible for a fucked up central support bearing to burst the input seal on the diff? And how bad is it to drive with a bad central support bearing?

its not likely but it wont do it any good. if you can hear that your center support is making noise it needs to be fixed. 1 worn component puts stress on all related components. fix it as soon as possible
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

It broke when i was round 50 miles from home and I'm not about to tow this car unless it's absolutely needed, so I drove it for a little while. Since I didn't get around to fixing it right away, I've had to drive it around the block a few times a month to keep it normal and all, that's when there was a leak.

Comment

Greased lightning!

'87 325 (Track Rat)
              '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
              '94 525i (Daily)
              '90 325i (R.I.P)
              H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

I really like the Degresser from Home Depot, comes in a 1 gal jug (May have 5 gals too) purple colored, Made by ZEP if I recall. Some good shit
                That Greased Lighting is some awesome shit too but kinda Expensive
                sigpic
                Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
                00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
                92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
                91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
                91' e34 525iA=For parts
                92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

Working...
                X